Leo Abelo Perry is making his big screen debut in the 10th installment of the Fast and Furious franchise – Fast X!
The young actor can currently be seen in the new film, which debuted in theaters on May 19th, as Little Brian, the son of Vin Diesel‘s Dominic Toretto.
If you didn’t know, Little Brian’s mom was Elena Neves, played by Elsa Pataky in some of the films. He is named after Brian O’Connor, the late Paul Walker‘s character.
You may also recognize Leo from the Disney+ movie Cheaper by the Dozen, or ABC’s recent live special of Beauty and the Beast, where he played Chip.
We caught up with the young actor this week, and got to know 10 Fun Facts about him.
Find out what he shared inside…
Check out what Leo Abelo Perry shared with us below…
- 1. No matter where I am or what I’m doing, I am always listening to music. I love love love music. R&B, hip hop, broadway musicals, classical, piano, country – everything. Music is my soul.
- 2. When I was seven, I started something called Dance for Justice where I danced every day for a year to raise awareness and funds for social justice initiatives. Through the love and generosity of so many people, we were able to raise over $20k AND start a podcast called the Activators! that celebrates other kid activists who do what they love, to spread more love. I’m inspired every day by kids like me who are juggling soccer balls for kids cancer research, reading thousands of books a year to raise awareness around book deserts, and so much more.
- 3. I love adventures – I’ve driven across the US three times and have visited 45 states. We’ve also had the chance to travel to almost ten countries, including France, Portugal, and South Africa. Our favorite thing to do when we travel is book some obscure walking or bike tour where we can eat and learn at the same time.
- 4. My other love language is food. Wherever we go, I am eating. We just came back from Rome, Italy where we took a cheese tour. I think I could live off white truffle cheese. And in South Africa, we ate things I never thought I would like fresh goat and steamed bread called uJeqe.
- 5. Speaking of South Africa, I’m actually half South African!
- 6. Though I live in the LA area, I’ll always call Philadelphia home as that’s where I was born and spent my first half of my life.
- 7. My other passions are sports, especially basketball, soccer, baseball, and tennis. Doesn’t make sense because I’m from Philly, I know, but I’m a HUGE Golden State Warriors fan and am SO inspired by Steph Curry, as a player but also because what he’s doing with his platform to better the greater SF/Oakland community (he and his family have a program called Eat. Learn. Play. So cool).
- 8. I play the piano and most recently the ukulele. I have this wild ability to listen to a song and be able to play it on the instruments pretty quickly. Not like super amazing but enough where I can play and sing along. I hope to one day start a band where I write and create songs with my friends.
- 9. Speaking of – I do guest sing with a friends band called Homescool. Check them out. We sing all over the LA area and they’re doing amazing work to spread awareness for issues they care about too, like pet rescue and other issues impacting families. See – do what you love, to spread more love!
- 10. I know a lot of fun facts. For example, did you know that pandas do handstands when they pee? Also, because all they do is eat and sleep all day, they poop up to 40 times a day. Crazy, right?
Catch Leo Abelo Perry in Fast X, in theaters everywhere now!
Source: Read Full Article