BRAZILIAN magician Neymar has controversially missed a number of games to join up with his sister Rafaella Santos on her birthday.
And it has become a reoccurring theme for Neymar to be unavailable around March 11 since 2013.
The 29-year-old missed a fixture within a week of Rafaella's day of celebration for the SEVENTH time in the last eight seasons.
But Neymaris expected to break 'the curse of his sister's birthday' this campaign when Paris Saint-Germain travel to Real Madrid TONIGHT.
How many games has Neymar missed on his sister's birthday?
Below is Neymar's timeline since 'the curse' arrived:
- 2013/14 – Neymar was an unused substitute for Barcelona on March 16 during his year at Barcelona.
- 2014/15 – Picked up a yellow card which led to a suspension.
- 2015/16 – Ruled out with a suspension returning on March 12.
- 2016/17 -Unavailable for a match on March 12 due to a muscular injury.
- 2017/18 – Neymar missed the remainder of the season from February having suffered a metatarsal fracture.
- 2018/19 – The Brazilian star was ruled out again for the same issue as the previous year but only the whole of February and March this time.
- 2019/20 – Surprisingly played and scored on March 11 in a 2-0 win over Dortmund in a Champions League tie.
- 2020/21 – Missed a Ligue 1 fixture on March 13 with having sustained a muscular injury in the game prior.
Is Neymar currently injured?
There has been no reports of the Brazilian mogul being injured which could see Neymar break tradition and play during his younger sister's birthday.
PSG have the second leg of their round 16 clash with Real Madrid TONIGHT and it falls a couple days short of Rafaella's day of celebration.
And despite the French giants being in pole position to qualify, Mauricio Pochettino will need to utilise all of his attacking superstars for a place in the last eight.
Most read in Champions League
Source: Read Full Article