MANCHESTER CITY readjust their focus on the Champions League where they'll be hoping to build on their thumping first leg win against Sporting Lisbon.
Pep Guardiola side are nailed on favourites to progress having pummelled the Portuguese side 5-0 in Lisbon.
And with the 4-1 thrashing over local rivals Manchester United still fresh in their minds, City will be brewing with confidence.
However, Sporting have a managed to regain a little confidence havingcomfortably beaten Arouca on the weekend.
So they'll try their best to make it an awkward second leg as possible for the champions of England.
What time does Manchester City vs Sporting Lisbon kick-off?
- Manchester City take on Sporting on Wednesday 9, March.
- The match kicks off at 8:00pm UK time.
- It takes place at the Etihad in Manchester.
- Pep Guardiola's side thumped Sporting in the first leg with a score-line of 5-0.
What TV channel is Manchester City vs Sporting Lisbon on and can I live stream it?
- Manchester City vs Sporting is live on BT Sport 2 and BT Sport 2 HD.
- The coverage commences from 7:00pm UK time – one hour before kick-off.
- Subscription members can also stream the game live via the BT Sport website or app.
Ruben Dias played no part in Manchester City's 4-1 thrashing over local rivals Manchester United due to a hamstring injury and Pep confirmed that the defender could miss four to six weeks.
Nathan Ake didn't feature either in the derby day win and the manager refrained from specifying on the severity of his injury.
As for Cole Palmer, the youngster is expected to return to training at some point this week.
Sporting right-winger Pedro Goncalves will be assessed this week having missed the last three matches with a muscular injury.
Manchester City to qualify 1/8
Draw (after 90 min) 2/15
Sporting Lisbon to qualify 1/22
*Odds courtesy of Betfair are correct at time of publication.
Most read in Champions League
Source: Read Full Article