BIG Brother fans – please do not swear as I bring you this news.
To celebrate the show’s 20th anniversary, it is making a comeback, but sadly not quite as a full series.
I’m told that Channel 4 has commissioned Big Brother’s Best Shows Ever Show, highlighting its finest moments.
From Makosi and Anthony’s wet-and-wild hot-tub party in Big Brother’s sixth series to Vanessa Feltz’s meltdown in the first celebrity version, the new show, which airs on E4 this summer, will look back at the most scandalous and sexy moments from the past 20 years.
I can also reveal original host Davina McCall, who fronted the series from the beginning in 2000 and when it moved to Channel 5 in 2010, is returning.
She will be joined by Rylan Clark-Neal, the host of spin-off Big Brother’s Bit On The Side.
The pair helped choose the best clips and filmed from their homes during lockdown.
In an exclusive statement, Davina said of her return to the show, which came off air in 2018: “I lived and breathed Big Brother for 11 years.
"Not one week goes by when I don’t quote Big Brother in some form.
"It made me laugh, it made me cry and it taught me to never judge a book by its cover.
“I love the show and can’t wait to share it with a whole new audience.”
Rylan added: “I’m so excited to be bringing Big Brother back to our lives.
“There will be laughs, tears and drama, but most of all we get to relive some of Big Brother’s greatest episodes.”
I imagine once Channel 4 bosses see the reaction, they’ll be chomping at the bit to bring it back properly in time for its 21st birthday . . .
Five big bro-ments
- Jade Goody left viewers stunned after declaring in 2007 that she thought East Anglia was not part of the UK. She also left fans shocked after stripping off.
- Kinga Karolczak used a wine bottle as a tool for self-pleasuring in the communal garden during season six (2005).
- In season five a food fight broke out after a fake eviction saw Emma Greenwood and Michelle Bass banished to “the bedsit”. The fight led to security having to enter the house.
- Pamela Anderson was a surprise guest when contestants first moved into the house in 2010.
- Marco Pierre White Jr bit Laura Carter’s nipple before bedding her on screen. Their explicit behaviour racked up hundreds of complaints to Ofcom.
Source: Read Full Article