Holly and Phil warn John Torode that he's caused a fire on This Morning segment

Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield were on red alert as John Torode was completely unaware when his tea towel caught on fire during a This Morning cooking segment.

The MasterChef presenter was trying to teach the duo how to cook their very own McDonald’s breakfast meal, but things took a turn for the chaotic (and actually quite dangerous) soon enough.

As John was instructing Holly and Phil on the steps to take, a tea towel he had left on a lit hob started to smoke, and eventually set ablaze.

‘Fire!’ Holly screamed. ‘Fire, John! Behind you!’

‘Cooker!’ Phillip added. ‘Your towel’s on fire! Behind you, John, you’re on fire!’

Luckily, the chef put out the blaze following a few agonising seconds of being prompted by the presenters, taking the tea towel (which was largely aflame) and pouring cold water on it, before calmly resuming the segment.

Holly and Phil seemed shocked at what just occurred – and the fact that John had then dealt with it without seemingly breaking a sweat.

‘Oh my God, are you ok?’ Holly asked. ‘You were so calm!’

‘Well, he didn’t know!’ Phil laughed.

We don’t know about you, but that was a pretty stressful way to start a Tuesday morning, right?

Phil ended the segment laughing about what had just happened – adding: ‘I love this show so much.’

Us too, Phil. Us too. Only on This Morning could a cooking segment nearly turn into a job for the fire brigade.

This Morning airs weekdays from 10am on TV.

Source: Read Full Article