ITV bosses have been urged to ‘axe’ John Barrowman from the upcoming series of Dancing On Ice amid accusations that he repeatedly exposed himself on the set of Torchwood.
The actor, 54, admitted to ‘tomfoolery’ while filming the BBC drama, after two former runners came forward with allegations that he would ‘get his genitals out on a regular basis’.
They opened up about their experiences of working with Barrowman in a Guardian report, but stressed that it was not sexually predatory behaviour.
He currently works as a judge on the Dancing On Ice panel, alongside Ashley Banjo, Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean – and has been a regular feature since 2020.
While there has been no word of his role on the ITV series, Conservative MP Alec Shelbrooke suggested he should step down from the family series.
‘Inappropriate behaviour like this is not acceptable no matter what the circumstances,’ he told the Sun on Sunday, explaining that broadcasters have a ‘responsibility with the standards they set’.
‘Dancing On Ice is a family show and ITV shouldn’t be willing to indulge this behaviour in any way.
‘It’s incumbent on broadcasters to show they are not condoning such behaviour in any way.’
ITV bosses have yet to speak out over the judging panel for the upcoming series of Dancing On Ice, with a spokesperson for the show telling the publication that talent ‘would only be attached to the forthcoming series closer to the time’.
Mr Shelbrooke’s comments come after two former crew members on the set of Doctor Who spin-off, Torchwood, alleged that Barrowman would ‘would get his genitals out on a regular basis’.
One runner who worked alongside the star – who played Captain Jack Harkness – explained that his behaviour was ‘accepted’.
They told The Guardian: ‘Sometimes he’d call me into his dressing room, and I would knock on the door and he’d say, “Oh, look at this”, and he’d just have his willy out, standing in the doorway.
‘It was kind of accepted that it was his thing.’
Barrowman admitted to ‘tomfoolery’ on set, but stressed that it was never intended to be sexual in nature, with his lawyers telling the Guardian he didn’t recall the incidents described by the former runners.
He told the publication that his behaviour was ‘only ever intended in good humour to entertain colleagues on set and backstage’.
‘With the benefit of hindsight, I understand that upset may have been caused by my exuberant behaviour and I have apologised for this previously,’ he added.
‘Since my apology in November 2008, my understanding and behaviour have also changed.’
Metro.co.uk has contacted ITV for a comment.
Got a story? If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article